CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Feb 5, 2009

FYI

I'm skipping school today and not doing my writing assignment for Mama Kat. I got nothing interesting you care to read about if I had done it, so consider yourself lucky that I am not doing it.

Instead, I got some advice. If you are one that doesn't like getting advice you didn't ask for, then head on over to the next blog you read. Don't worry, you wont hurt my feelings.

What I am going to tell you is the little things that kinda bug me when I am reading someones blog. If may not apply to everyone so you are allowed to just dismiss it if you would like. There will be no finger pointing but after reading this, you will know who you are.

OK, here we go.
  • When I want to leave a comment, I would really like it if it is in a pop up window. When it is not, I very seldom go back to your page to read other post I have missed (unless I really love your blog). So, I either read them all and post on the one I like most or just read the first one, comment, them move on. (BTW, I just had 5, 2 letter words that start with an I back to back. That will mess with your eyes!)
  • When I go to a blog that has the "BlogHer" ad thingy on it, half the time it wont show me the post. Maybe it is just my computer (though I highly doubt it) but it drives me crazy. I gotta x out and try again. Sometimes multiple times. I gotta really know what you said to do that!
  • Last thing. I understand that you may not want the world to have your e-mail address but I hate it when I want to reply to your comment and the e-mail address is noreply-comment.... I have gotten to know some really cool chicks by replying to their comments via e-mail and I can't do it if you don't let me. Thank you to the cool chicks that do the "noreply" thing but then later sent me their e-mail address. It helped. I hate replying to a comment you left me on your blog because then everyone is confused. Sometimes even me.
  • Oh ya, one more thing. I can't stand typing in that message so you know I am not a computer. I get why you do it but it still bugs me.

So there ya have it. My complaints. Take them or leave them, but that's how I feel. BTW, I'm not the only one that feels that way.

And if you got some advice for me, I'm all ears.

Later Taters!

7 comments:

Gwen said...

LOL!!! Now I have to go check to see how my comments come up. :)

Brandy said...

Darn. I don't know if my comments are pop up or not, but I agree that I like them much better.

I also agree with the verification word - it's a pain sometimes.

~I am guilty of having a BlogHer ad, sorry about that but they pay for my giveaways. [:~

Carrin said...

All very valid points! I'm also confused by twitter! I just don't get it.

Melissa said...

How do you allow your e-mail address to come up so people can reply to your comments?? I'd like to do that, but am not sure how to change that setting.....?

Unknown said...

oh dear i wonder how many of those i am breaking...i am pretty sure word veri is off on mine and you can reply to me ;-)

Anonymous said...

I feel like such a failure loser when I can't get the word verification on the first try!...slinks away crying to herself...

fyi, it took me a good part of the day to finally be able to leave you a comment. It just freezes up and won't let me scroll down or X out. I just have to keep waiting and coming back. But you're worth it. I'll wait forever for you baby.

Anonymous said...

Haha! Yes, I agree!!!!